Tutorial 10 Search and Install Plugins After completing the previous…
Posted on December 9, 2017 at 6:52 am by James
How Websites make Money from its Traffic?
It’s a fact that more traffic a website gets, there is more opportunities to make money. A website with more traffic can earn money in many ways. Here is a some few ways.
- Google Adsense.
- Affiliate marketing with Amazon or Bluehost.
- Selling Ad space of website.
- Selling own digital products.
You could use your blog to earn some money. If you can considering affiliate marketing which is what most websites do. This is essentially blogging to promote and endorse certain products or services that is relevant to your blog.
When the audience you are targeting or your readers check out the latest post and click on links redirecting them to the official pages of those products or services. If they purchase that product or service, you would get paid. Affiliate programs pay you a good commission should the users sign up for the service or purchase the product after being redirected from your blog.
Adsense pays you for every user that clicks on the links and gets redirected.
Also there are companies and individuals that want their products, services or entities to be promoted. These would normally pay a price for every blog post. You could take this route or you can write about what really interests you and think of monetizing the blog using advertisements.
Few important Elements to Earn From a Blog
The website or blog will need to gain popularity, in other words getting traffic. You cannot make money when your blog doesn’t have any real traffic. You need to develop an audience that would keep returning to your blog and would keep checking out new contents that you have added.
If you thinking of setting up your own website or blog, it takes time to built an audience. So takes even longer to start earning money.
The audience cannot be limited to a few dozen people and it cannot be sporadic. You cannot rely on rerouted traffic. Your blog must be popular and obviously it would have its target audience.
The target audience shouldn’t have to search for something and then get to your blog. They would follow your blog. You don’t need all those readers to become subscribers or commentators. As long as they follow your blog and repeatedly visit it, the blog can be monetized.
An unpopular blog or one that doesn’t have a substantial readership can have ads or affiliate links but the monetization will not generate any revenue.
Here is a few points if you want to start earning from your blog
- You need consistent and regular traffic. With a good level of traffic this can open opportunities for advertisements, paid contents and promotions which will help you to make money with your blog. End of the day but without traffic, affiliate link, ads or optimizing new contents and sharing of the content will be useless. The type of traffic you are getting and the target audience, will determine the type of ads, promotions and paid contents. A blog shouldn’t lose its value when its been monetized.
- There are many ways to make money with a blog. You could offer free content to entice the audience and then offer exclusive or academic content for those who want more information and would be willing to pay a subscription fee. You could just use the readership and get paid through ads, affiliate marketing links, sponsored banners and all kinds of product and service placements on every webpage of your blog.
- Develop a strategy that will allow you to reach your target readership while monetizing the entire space available on every webpage of your blog. From banner ads to sponsored posts, affiliate links to promoted contents, pay per click ads to paid promotional posts; you should consider every prospect of monetizing. And what best suits the website.
To summarise, to earn money from a website you will need to grow your traffic by creating good content that visitors will return to see the latest content. It takes time to grow an audience. Once you have traffic it becomes easier to earn money from your website or blog.
If there is any feedback or suggestion please feedback to leave a comment below.